I am a Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, and I have a 25-year private psychotherapy practice in Huntington, New York. I am a Certified Clinical Meditation teacher, a graduate of the Gestalt Center of Long Island and the International Institute for Embodied Dream and Imagery.
I work with individuals and couples, and I lead workshops on personal growth, dream work, meditation and support groups for caregivers.
I have been interviewed on several radio shows, and I am the author of Take Me Home: Walking on Sacred Ground in the Last Stage of Life…Finding Meaning/Sharing Wisdom Caring for Our Elders.
As a psychotherapist, I create an environment that encourages self- exploration and personal growth. I help my clients become aware of historical patterns that cause dysfunction and suffering in personal and professional relationships. I offer tools for my clients to transform these patterns into behaviors and coping mechanisms that promote self-fulfillment and personal achievement. I also help my clients value all levels of their experience: personal history, dreams and body symptoms. I have studied a multitude of ways to understand and promote change, providing my clients with a multifaceted lens and vision for what is possible.
My practice is verified by Psychology Today.
Credentials and Education
- Certificiate in Clinical Meditation Teacher Training-change 2010 to 2012
- 2016: Training in Transpersonal Coaching
- 2010-Training in Clinical Meditation and Imagery taught by Richard and Bonney Schaub, authors of Dante’s Path, End of Fear.
- 2005-2009-Meditation group experience with Richard and Bonney Schaub.
- 2002-2005- Completion of Robert Bosnak’s three year post graduate training program at the International Institute for Embodied Imagination and Dream Imagery. This training included travels to France, Iceland,South Africa and Brazil to study dream work of other cultures.
- 1995-2002- Alchemical Seminars taught by Dr. Nathan Schwartz-Salant.
- 1996- Shamanism and Planetary Healing: journeys to Ecuador and Mexico with John Perkins associate to connect North and South Americans in the healing professions
- 1995- Seminars in Assisi,Italy on Archetypes and Quantum Physics with Dr. Michael Conforti and David Peat.
- 1992-1996-Superivision with Dr. Gregg Furth on Jungian dream work and art therapy.
- 1990-1994-Completion of a four year training program in Interactive Gestalt Group Therapy with Dr. Jay Early.
- 1987-1990-Completion of a three year certificate post graduate training program at the Gestalt Therapy Institute of Long Island.
- 1985-Dreambody Seminars with Dr. Arnold Mindell.
- 1984-Imagery and Healing supervision with Dr. Richard Schaub at the Psychosynthesis Institute of New York.
- 1975-1981-Masters of Science in Counseling: Specializing in Marriage Family Therapy; San Francisco State University,California.
- 1967-1971-Bachelors Degree in Psychology, minor in Criminology at The University of California, Berkeley; Berkeley,California.